Saturday, January 18, 2014

A MUST READ MESSAGE: Are You Ready For Your Turn?

He was a student, probably in his early twenties. I didn't know his name I really didn't care. All I know is he was going for a lay-up while playing basketball, lost his balance and fell on the ground flat on his back.

We thought he would shake it off and continue the game so no one really cared. To everyone's surprise, he never got up. At first a few people on his team (later everyone) went up to him but he just wouldn't respond.

CPR did no good. The ambulance personnel couldn't save him from dying. The result at the ER was no better. HE WAS DEAD!

As I came home tonight, I thought to myself, it could have been me going up for that lay-up. It is very possible that I could be lying in the cold city morgue, right this minute, as I type this post to my friends on Facebook.

So am I ready to die? Did I communicate with Allah today? Did I perform my daily prayers? Did I seek the pleasure of Allah? Turkashi!

Did I treat my parents and family with respect and love? Did I give any at all in charity (Sadaqa) today? How many times did I remember Allah and recount His name?

The entire day I made time to go to Shehu Yar'adua Center for #GenVoices, check my e-mails, read the news, update posts on facebook, twitter, chat with friends, watch TV, play football... But did I even once say "Astagfirullah?" Did I ask Allah to forgive the sins that I've committed today? NO! I doubt.

Did I say "Alhamdulillah" other than in my daily prayers? NO! Not once my friends, I told you the truth. Would you like to know why? Because I was too busy with my daily activities.

Well, guess what. I could have lost my life during a playing football game and what do I have with me? Not a thing. Nothing that I did today do I get to bring with me to the grave. Nothing.

A few words that I could have uttered were the only things that I could have brought with me. A few words that would've taken a few seconds of concentration out of the 24 hours that was allotted to me.

A few cents in charity instead of cold drinks and candy bars could have saved my soul. But I insisted on continuing with my careless attitude. Thank God it wasn't my turn to go, because I sure I wasn't ready.

Now I close my eyes and say Alhamdulillah. Now I look back and say Astagfirullah. Now I have a different attitude. Now, I want to prepare for my turn.

Did you perform your daily prayers today? Did you give in charity and love? Did you ask for forgiveness yet? Do you care? I'm asking because I don't want to see you fall, knowing you aren't ready for your turn.

Are you ready for your turn?

Ya Allah ya baibaye mu da rahamarsa. Ya gafarta mana zunubanmu. Ya sa mu yi kyakkyawan karshe.

Yours forever @BashirAhmaad

No comments:

Post a Comment